Sunday, June 3, 2007

Throw a Bridal Shower on a Budget

My friend is getting married in October and I will be throwing her bridal shower this coming Sunday. I realize that June is a little early for an October wedding, but I am inching closer to my due date (I'm 30 weeks and counting!) and I wanted to be able to throw her a nice shower without the possibility of going into labor.

So in an attempt to help out my fellow mommies who may be a little short on money, I've provided some money saving tips that I have come across while planning this bridal shower. These tips would also work for a baby shower hostess as well.

Money and Time Saving Bridal Shower Planning Tips:

  • Make your own invitations or use free printable bridal shower invitations. Cute bridal shower invitations can anywhere from $5-$10 for just 10 invites. You can print free printable bridal shower invitations from my website by clicking on the following link:
http://www.printables.thecraftcafe.com/bridalshowerinvite.html
  • Start a list of everything you will need-from food to decorations. This way you can jot down ideas as you get closer to the bridal shower and you won't be as likely to forget something important.
  • Create a simple yet elegant menu for the bridal shower. For example, I am serving chicken salad with croissants, cucumber sandwiches, fruit salad, cupcakes, mints and peanuts. Most of these items can be prepared the day before so as to save me time the day of the bridal shower.
  • Don't go overboard with decorations-this can get costly! Look around your house and garden for decorations for the bridal shower. Fresh flowers placed around the house in pretty vases or a bowl with floating candles are really all of the decor that you will need.
  • Use free printable bridal shower games instead of purchasing expensive bridal shower games from a party supplies store. Again, check out my website for some fun, free printable bridal shower games.
http://www.printables.thecraftcafe.com/weddinggames.html

Hopefully these tips will help you save some time and money when you are planning to host a bridal or baby shower. Feel free to comment/email me questions about specific recipes or ideas mentioned above.

No comments: