Tuesday, June 5, 2007

What's for Dinner?

I can't tell you how many times I have heard my husband ask me what's for dinner. There are days when I can channel Martha Stewart and have a three course meal prepared, but lately I've been too tired to even think about preparing a Martha-worthy meal.

Here are some easy dinner recipes that I've come up with through the years. They are super cost effective and EASY dinner ideas. I admit, they may not be the healthiest of choices, but these dinner ideas will be sure to get you through one of those dog tired, don't feel like cooking days.

Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes/Ideas

1. Two Ingredient Sloppy Joe

OK, this is no joke. This dinner recipe is the absolute king of quick dinners. Simply brown 1 lb. of ground beef (or more depending on family size). Once meat is thoroughly cooked, add enough ketchup to coat all of meat. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes on low heat. Serve on buns with shredded cheese.

2. Egg Salad Sandwiches

Eggs are very versatile-and cheap! Egg salad is an easy dinner recipe that can be adjusted according to your family's tastes. Simply hard boil a couple of eggs, peel, rinse and dice. Add your choice of salt, pepper, mustard or mayo and mix. Serve on toasted bread. Sliced onions and tomatoes are an awesome side for this.

3. Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

This meal is a classic, easy dinner recipe for a reason. It is yummy, satisfying and cheap. Butter one side of a piece of bread and place on a skillet over medium heat. Add a slice of cheese and place another buttered piece of bread on top. Cook sandwich for approximately two minutes on each side. Cook tomato soup in microwave according to directions on the can.

More quick and easy dinner recipe ideas:

  • Chili dogs
  • Tuna salad
  • Scrambled eggs with toast
I know these may be a no brainer for some of you but hopefully I've helped someone answer the question "Honey, what's for dinner?"

No comments: